To sync your existing project drawings from Aconex to Drawboard Projects using our BIM360 Docs Integration, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Drawings tab (open your project from the Projects list to get to the overview page).
- Click on the Upload Drawings button in the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the BIM360 Docs logo at the bottom right of the screen.
- You will be taken to the BIM360 Docs login page to link your BIM360 account, and then brought right back to your project in Drawboard Projects to continue the syncing process.
Note: If you have not previously logged into BIM360 Docs from within Drawboard Projects, you will be prompted to log in with your BIM360 Docs username and password as shown below.
Note: The first time the BIM360 Docs integration is used on a new Drawboard Projects account, you will need to authorize access as shown below.
Now that you have linked your BIM360 Docs account, this information will be saved upon future logins to Drawboard Projects and the accounts will stay linked.
- Select your BIM360 Docs Hub from the dropdown list.
- Select your Project from the dropdown list.
- Select either Plans or Project Files* to upload from.
*Please note: Any multi-page PDF or any file from Project Files will be imported as a document, not a drawing. For more information, please see here.
- If you upload a single PDF file with multiple pages to Plans in BIM360 Docs, Drawboard Projects will only be able to import it as one file into the Documents tab. This is due to underlying limitations in the BIM360 Docs API where they maintain the original source file and do not split files into individual pages.
- If you upload multiple single-page PDF files to Plans in BIM360 Docs, Drawboard Projects will import them into Drawboard Projects as individual drawings in the Drawings tab.
The Drawings associated with this project in BIM360 Docs will be shown below.
- Select each Drawing individually, or click Select All to add all of your Drawings at once (maximum of 100 drawings at any one time).
- All BIM360 Docs Drawings will be displayed under the Drawings section in Drawboard Projects, unless it is a multi-page document, which will be displayed under the Documents section.
- When ready, click Publish Drawings to import these into your Drawboard Projects project.
You will receive a notification in green that states "Successfully requested files from BIM360 Docs. These files will appear in the Drawings/Documents lists shortly."
Can't find what you need or think something is missing from the article above? Email email@example.com to get in touch.