Finished your review? Found an issue that needs attention? Need to remind someone to look at your drawings? Add a comment with a @mention to the comment feed to get the attention of your team members and start the conversation.
To add a comment to the comment feed:
- Open a drawing (or document) on your project where you want to start a conversation.
- In the left hand side menu panel, select the Comments option to open the comment feed for that drawing.
- This comment feed is shared and visible to everyone on the project, regardless of permission. So its the perfect place to kick start a conversation about any issues related to a particular drawing.
- Add your message in the comment input field at the bottom of the comment feed.
- Each individual message you add can be up to 2000 characters long. After that you will need to split the message into multiple comments.
- If you want to get the attention of a specific team member, simply add an @ symbol and select the team member you wish to alert to tag them in the comment.
- Select Send (or hit Ctrl + Enter) to post the comment to the feed.
- By @mentioning a team member in a comment, you send them an email notification alerting them that they have been tagged in that drawing comment feed.
- The email your team mate receives includes the author's name (you), the Drawing number the comment was made on, a thumbnail of the drawing, the comment itself and a link to jump straight to that Drawing.
- The email looks very similar to the screenshot below.
So be sure to digitally tap your teammates on the shoulder with a comment and an @mention the next time you need them to get something done.
Can't find what you need or think something is missing from the article above? Email email@example.com to get in touch.