The Public Layer is the universal project layer that anyone can view, and all changes made are synced in real-time.
Do you often find yourself on-site and needing help explaining an issue to the designer? Add your notes and sketches straight to the public layer to share each stroke with your team as it's made, regardless of where they are.
To add annotations to the Public Layer:
- Open a drawing in either the Native app or Web app canvas.
- The default layer that the drawing opens to is always the Public Layer so you will see any public markups added to the open drawing.
- While the Layer Manager reads Public Layer, add annotations to the drawing or document to have them sync in real-time with the rest of the project.
Note: Only Collaborator and higher permissions can add annotations to the public layer.
To push mark-ups from your draft layer to your public layer:
- Turn on your Draft Layer.
- Select the annotations in your Draft Layer with the select tool.
- The annotation group will have a bounding box appear around it and the selection menu will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Push to Public from the annotation selection menu
The annotation will vanish from your Draft Layer and appear in the same location on the Public Layer.
Can't find what you need or think something is missing from the article above? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.