Projects involve more than just Drawings. There are all sorts of other project documents that you need to read and mark-up to get that project over the line.
The Documents tab exists to hold reports, approval forms, sketches, specifications and anything else you may want to reference from a drawing on your project. And like your drawings, your whole team can collaboratively mark up these documents in real-time.
To upload a batch of supporting documents (perhaps start with the project brief), follow the steps below, or watch the tutorial video at this link:
- Open the Documents tab (this should also be pretty empty) and click on the Upload Documents button in the top right corner.
- A file explorer window will open allowing you to search your computer for a PDF file of your project documents
- You will notice two tabs along the top of the Uploads area, an In progress tab and the Review and publish tab.
- All new uploads will start in the In progress area and move across to the Review and publish area when processing has completed and they are ready to review and publish.
- Once you have added the Document Name and you are happy that everything has been entered correctly, you can publish the documents to the project by hitting Publish in the details pane.
- Navigate back to the Documents page to see a list of the documents you have published to your project.