Now you have your very own project up and running, it’s probably a good idea to add some drawings to share with your project team. The most efficient way to do this is by using our new Upload Templates functionality.
To upload your first set of drawings using Upload Templates follow the steps below:
- Go to a project overview page (open your project from the Projects list to get to the overview page).
- Click on the Upload Drawings button in center of the page (or select Upload to Bullclip and Upload Drawings).
- You will be taken to the Upload page, the first step of the Drawings upload flow.
There are two methods to upload files into the Drawing Uploader: using Drag and Drop or the standard File Explorer.
- To use the Drag and Drop method, simply select the files you wish to upload into Bullclip and drag them over the circular Drag drawings here area in the middle of the Upload page.
- The alternative method is to simply click on the blue "or select files from here" link inside the Drag and Drop circle. A file explorer window will open, allowing you to search your computer or your cloud drive for a PDF file of your project drawings. Select which PDF drawing files you want to add to the project and press Open.
Note: Any multipage PDF files uploaded as Drawings will be split into single pages automatically. To keep multi-page PDFs intact as one document, upload these files as Documents.
- Once the first of your drawing files have finished processing, the Scan title block section will open automatically giving you the option to Create new template or Skip template creation.
- If your project drawings have a predicable title block, select Create new template (as these are you first drawings for the project, you need to create a new template first).
Note: if you uploaded a combined PDF with multiple drawings, this file will appear as a single item in your Review and publish list and expand to show individual sheets when the item is expanded.
- You will be taken to the Template Creator. This template creator requires drawing areas to be mapped for Drawing Title, Drawing Number and Revision Number. Each template also must be saved with a template name for easy identification.
- Center the drawing title block on the screen using the default pan tool in the canvas (pan across the canvas and zoom in with your mouse wheel) and select a field in the left hand menu to map to the title block.
- When the a particular field is selected, draw a box around the area of the title block where that information is usually displayed to map it to the template. .
- When you are finished mapping the template information to the title block, give you template a name and hit Create and apply.
- You have now created a template and can apply it to all current and future drawings in the uploads list.
- You can now quickly review the regions of up to six drawings at a time compared to what has been automatically read from the actual drawing title block.
- If the text in the fields doesn't match up with the preview and needs adjusting, you can simply edit the text directly in the text box below the thumbnail.
- Once the information matches up for all 6 drawings, click Publish 6 drawings and move to the next six (note: six is the maximum number that can be displayed at once, you can publish less if you don't have up to six items to publish).
- When all uploads have been published, you will automatically be taken back to the Drawings page to see a list of the drawings you have published to your project.