Now you have your very own project up and running, it’s probably a good idea to add some drawings to share with your project team. The most efficient way to do this is by using our new Upload Templates functionality.
To upload your first set of drawings using Upload Templates follow the steps below:
- Go to a project overview page (open your project from the Projects list to get to the overview page).
- Open the Drawings tab. You will notice your project drawings list is pretty bare.
- Click on the Upload Drawings button in the top right corner
- A file explorer window will open, allowing you to search your computer or your cloud drive for a PDF file of your project drawings. Select which PDF drawing files you want to add to the project and press Open.
Note: Any multipage PDF files uploaded as Drawings will be split into single pages automatically. To keep multi-page PDFs intact as one document, upload these files as Documents.
- Once these drawings are finished processing, the icon will turn green and they will move over to the Review and publish tab.
- Use the checkboxes along the left of the list to select the drawing you wish to create a template from.
- The select action menu will slide out on the RHS with an option to Process with OCR. Open that menu and select Create new Template (as these are you first drawings for the project, you need to create an upload template first).
Note: if you uploaded a combined PDF with multiple drawings, this file will appear as a single item in your Review and publish list and expand to show individual sheets when the item is expanded.
- You will be taken to the Template Creator. This template creator requires drawing areas to be mapped for Drawing Title, Drawing Number and Revision Number. Each template also must be saved with a template name for easy identification.
- Center the drawing title block on the screen using the default pan tool in the canvas (pan across the canvas and zoom in with your mouse wheel) and select the blue arrow next to each field to map that information.
Note: be sure to click 'confirm' under the scan value on the right hand side to set the region.
- When you are finished mapping the title block, give you template a name and hit Save and exit.
- You have now created a template and can apply it to all current and future drawings in the uploads list. Using the checkboxes, select all the drawings you wish to upload together, select Process with OCR and choose your new template.
- You can now quickly review the regions of each drawing compared to what has been read from the drawing. If it matches up, click publish and move to the next one.
- If the text in the fields doesn't match up with the preview and needs adjusting, you can simply edit the text directly in the text box below the thumbnail. When the ajustment has been made, simply hit Publish to publish the corrected drawing to the project.
- When all uploads have been published, navigate back to the Drawings page to see a list of the drawings you have published to your project.